Thursday 4 August 2011

My Playfish Experience



Hello everyone this is Kandys owner *waves*.This is a one-off post by myself and after this posts from Kandy will commence (don't worry haha). 

Let's start with the fact I was an active forum member on the Playfish forum. I took the opportunity to moderate the forums for a few months earlier this year. I am very passionate about Pet Society as a game and the beautiful friends I have made through my gaming/forum experience. As some of my regular blog readers will all ready now, I have taken it upon myself to have my forum account deactivated. I would like to explain why this was ....

Since early 2009 I have been posting on the forum, sharing tips, pictures, seeking information, making friends, gifting people, trading. January 2011 approaches, almost 2 years since I signed up to the forum & started playing Pet Society. I get an e-mail asking if I would like to moderate the Pet Society forum. I jumped at the chance as would anybody who loved the game and loved the forum. Everything was well, I made friends with other moderators & enjoyed using my moderating tools. 

Around a month or so into being a mod, I (& a couple of other mods) started receiving very nasty posts from members of CST (imagine Lucifer's children creating a cult and you're near the mark). At first, these comments were mainly from Sulllen (Emily Jean Peters) & Pixxxxie (Brogan). Nobody could figure out why they were doing this as I had no contact with these members. 

Things got increasingly worse within the mod team and with the bullying from the forum members. Moderators (most of them at this point) wanted more to be done about the bullying but things were getting put off and we all felt like the fact these members were paying customers was more important than the fact I was getting bullied. 

Some evidence of admin beating around the bush about dealing with the bullying.



Please note how she went from wanting to ban these users to "not having enough evidence". Please note how she also thought that information was being leaked about me within the mod team and done nothing about it.



The mod being discussed was a mod who leaked information about me to CST members and also encouraged the bullying.



The PM she said would be sent in the first part was never sent and the 2nd part just show the professionalism of this person (or lack of).



Community Manager started talking to me a lot, I think as a way to sweeten me up and stop me from complaining about the bullying. She spoke to me about other moderators and she told me about an admin job that was coming up. Instead of going into it I will paste some links here to screenshots. 

Here is evidence of being told about the admin job, which by the way I never got. Isn't it funny as soon as I spoke out against her I wasn't "right" for the job. I am a morally good person and when I see a forum being run badly, I will speak out.



Some proof of Helle (Fjoller) & Jenaphur encouraging bullying etc. This is to do with another mod.



Things obviously got worse within the team and with the bullying. Trolling accounts were made to troll me. "CaptainOfUrMom" and another forum name. Illusionist exposed Pixxxie (Brogan) as the troller. They trolled my forum profile, posting pictures of girls
with excessive orange tans. Do you know that Pixxxxie is still a forum member and hasn't been banned? 

Here are some links to the bullying that was done.

Emily Jean Peters. (the picture she drew is meant to be a potato, they would often call me a potato, god only knows why).



Pixxxie, posting a picture of the excessively tanned girl on ym forum wall.
Emily and/or Pixxxie sent this message to me via a fake account on Facebook. It contains some disgusting content.



Emily and/or Pixxxie again, creating another Facebook account to send me messages.



Emily trolling my Forum wall (again)

An account they made of another mod.
    I stepped down from moderating because I had enough of the bullying and even more so the lack of action taken against it by the Playfish staff. I had enough of not being able to reply to these members because I was representing the company. Not only did I but 5 other mods stepped down with the same week. Doesn't that say something about this company?


    I shown some other mods the screen shots of Bev & I's conversation and from there on, admin victimized me and done everything they could to infract me.
    Do you want to see why I got infracted? It is beyond belief I got infracted for this when people are allowed to swear, troll, talk about prostitution and I get infracted for THIS.




    Be-Bop (Alexandra Amanda) had a picture in her signature that was aimed at me, I told admin about this and asked for it to be removed. I guess they never removed it as they were too busy searching for things to infract me on.



    Emily had made multiple trolling accounts since she got banned a few months ago for Multiple Accounts. I gave up screenshotting everything those members done but here's another example of the sick minds of these people.

    Then I have these CST members wrongly accuse me of creating a troll account on the forum and trolling them. Unlike you, I do not hide behind fake accounts, anything I have to say will be said from the the horses mouth.This was the last straw for me so I asked 24 hours ago for my account to be closed. This crap has got far too out of hand and immature and despite me loving the game, nothing will keep me on that forum.
    I've had my address posted on Facebook by these people, they have mentioned my family, my son, my partner. I got to a point where I would be scared to come online. Enough is enough and I am not going to sit and let these people do this to me any more. I'm closing this chapter of my life now and feel better for speaking out about it all. I hope anybody who ever gets bullied online will take some action.



    Helle - You are a nothing but nasty, you have shared personal information about me, lied about me and encouraged people to bully me. I don't know how you got kept as a mod, maybe it's because your Bevs run around and do everything for her. You can act as sweet as you like to everyone but I and a few others have seen your true colours. Grow up and get into the real non-wizard world and treat people with respect.

    Bev - The most unprofessional woman I have ever come across in my life. Will only like you if you dislike the mods who were active when Sonya was admin. Tolerates bullying, would do anything to save her own arse at everyone else's expense.

    Emily Peters - The biggest nutjob I have ever met in my life. You have done the most disgusting things I have ever known. You are sick and I don't say that lightly. You spew jealousy out at every insult and you make. You are a troll account away from being sectioned. You are quite obviously unhappy and lonely and well, some may say that's a shame but you do not need to take that out on people who are content in life.

    Brogan - AKA CaptainOfUrMom, another one who is quite clearly lonely. Similar to Emily but not quite as screwed up.

    Be-Bop,Hopper etc - You ned to get off your bullying arses and get out into the real world. Go bully someone in real life and see how far that gets you.

    I can guarantee all the people mentioned, the ones who act ten men on the internet, are the ones who wouldn't dare say a bad word to someone in real life. The ones who are unhappy and unloved. I hope you felt better about yourselves by insulting me, posting things about my family, my address etc. 

    15 comments:

    1. ohmygosh thats really awful that these idiot people would want to waste their time with someone as nice as you, i've only been on the forum for a few months now but i already know that when i get a 'higher status' i would love to become a moderator, well it seemed like the best part-time job in the world. . . till now with all the bad things that people do :( i hope one day you will be back on the forum hun, i know you'll be missed by alot of people! xx

      ReplyDelete
    2. I'm so sorry this had happened. I didn't know what happened until today, but that is totally a bad experience. But then, sadly, there are always unhappy people around the forum and I am sorry you got yourself into such a situation.
      I seldom speak to you on Facebook / Skype, but then I could see you have gone through many things that brought you into today's situation. Hope things will fade out soon. :')

      ReplyDelete
    3. There are many other PS forums that you can join that have friendly, caring people and staff. Staff that volunteer their time because they love the game. Not because we get paid for it. On the forum I am a mod on this would never have happened and if it did it would have been ended immediately. I wish you all the best.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I've been bullied by some of these people before, too. So I'm making this comment anonymously but I just want to know I'm very sorry for you and wish you the best.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Wow that's the worst thing I've ever heard! Why would someone do this? I hope you found a nice Ps forum without these ...people...!

      ReplyDelete
    6. I'm Jill C. from the forums (pet name: Minja) and I am so sorry things went so poorly for you. You seem to be a wonderfully sweet person, and I hate that such horrid actions made you withdraw from a fun activity (as moding a forum you enjoy should be). Thank you for your honest portrayal of forum politics and I appreciate your honesty. Best of luck, and again, it is tragic that you had to suffer for others to know of this unfairness occurring. Much love to your and your family, and I hope your enjoyment of PS and the internet returns with the elimination of this stressor. Take care and God bless.

      ReplyDelete
    7. They are Digusting! Don't mind them they will be banned very very soon

      ReplyDelete
    8. Wow... this sheds so much light on the forum now. I feel like I've been so naive and blind. People have some very ugly true colors. As a forum member I feel disgusted at this act and doubt I'll come on the forum as much as I do anymore[I'll probably spend more time on the other/nicer forum for sure]. I had thoughts of becoming a mod but all those thoughts are gone now. One day they will get what's coming to them, there's always karma. It's a shame to know what people truly are v.v. I wish you the all the best and luck.

      ReplyDelete
    9. I'm really sorry this happened to you. I've been on the forum for a while now but I have rarely spoken to you, but you seem like a very nice and sweet girl and you didn't deserve to be treated this way. Sorry to hear you quit the forums, you will be missed around there. *hugs*

      ReplyDelete
    10. Please remember that cyberbullying is getting a good legal standing in many countries now. The police are being given lots of new powers under various communications acts & bills to arrest & charge the senders of this kind of thing. More than two people in the UK where I live have recieved jail sentences as a direct result of sending malicious online communications on computers & SMS text messages via cell phones. If you get any more of these messages and collect ANY other evidence, please consider contacting the police. There is a lot more that can be done now, even if it involves people who you have never met before. You can't hide that well online, you leave behind digital fingerprints which a trained police IT team can trace back to you and you can be convicted of harrassment & threatening behavour. So let this be a warning to this lot, who feel so warm & cosy behind those flatscreens, you're not ghosts, you're not 'CaptainOfUrMom' or whatever, your home address, internet provider and real name are easily dredged up by the police & the courts. Remember too, if you are found to be mentally unstable you might not be lucky enough to get jail, a psych hold can be indefinate....

      ReplyDelete
    11. acidface970yearsold1 October 2011 at 14:45

      Oh your good at back tracing chez ;0

      ReplyDelete
    12. Also, use limited profile on facebook when adding people for trades, I haven't had any probs since I started doing that. It stops people seeing your personal info, it basically protects everything you don't want some people to see, photos, updates, friends etc.

      ReplyDelete
    13. I'm posting anonymously as I have experienced bullying in the past (on- and offline) and because I also have children I want to protect.

      I am terribly sorry this happened to you, but I wish I could say I was shocked. People do this with bullying of all forms -- sweep it under the rug with a bunch of politically correct doublespeak while they post copy-paste status updates about how wrong it is. I always thought Sulllen was a nasty piece of work and was happy to see her go, and for her cronies to mostly leave in protest with her.

      You made the right decision, and I appreciate your sharing this with us.

      ReplyDelete
    14. You deserve those bullies as you can't guard your mouth from talking some craps. Do not blame others before considering your mistakes.

      ReplyDelete
    15. so sad for u
      u are such nice person
      cruel people attacking you
      karma will get them, so don't be sad
      amazing mods never do anhything about :(
      day come you will be back
      it will be amazing!
      can see it now in my head!
      karma will find them1

      ReplyDelete